This slaw is a great addition to barbecuing season. It’s simple crisp flavors complement most everything. In addition, it’s easy to change around. You could add mangos and Grilled Chipotle Chicken, (that’s what we had for dinner) or you could add feta cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds. Or… for a classic combination, you could simply pair it with ribs and let the ribs do the talking.
Whichever route you take, this slaw is easy to prepare and really delicious.
First, cut the sides off all the way around the core. Thinly slice each wedge into strands and set aside in a large bowl.
Slice the bell pepper as thinly as possible and grate the carrots. Toss together with the cabbage.
Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in the blender and blend on low until smooth. There will be small bits of cilantro remaining.
That’s all there is to this simple summertime slaw. We grilled Chipotle Chicken to go alongside, and it was a great combination.
It was the first truly warm and sunny day here in Montana so we took our summer slaw outside and caught a few rays during dinner. It’s exciting to have the first backyard barbecue of the summer. Last week I was grilling in the snow!
- 1 small green cabbage, about 1 pound
- 8 ounces carrots, about 8 small
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup water
- Shred the cabbage and place in a large bowl. Thinly slice the bell peppers and grate the carrots. Toss the vegetables together.
- For the dressing, place all of the ingredients in the blender and blend on low until smooth with small bits of cilantro remaining.
This recipe was first posted by GI 365 | Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 GI 365. All Rights Reserved.