Raspberry Sherbet was always my favorite flavor, orange or even lime were good, but raspberry has always had the edge for me! This recipe started off simply as raspberry chia pudding because my husband is partial to raspberries. But… when I had the first bite, it took me back to my sherbet days, and there was an immediate title change. And… because I’m so partial to this flavor combination, you can expect to see some actual sherbet later this summer when it’s no longer 10 degrees anymore!
For the dates, make a cut part way through to remove the seed, then roughly chop them into quarters.
Blend the chopped dates, coconut milk, and vanilla starting on low and increasing the speed to high until the mixture is completely smooth. Add the thawed raspberries and their juice to the blender and blend on low to combine. You don’t want to use high speed with raspberries because their seeds turn into gritty bits. Add the chia seeds and stir to combine, then pour the mixture into containers for storage in the fridge. The pudding will look a bit thin, but the next day it’s thick and creamy.
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream/sherbet?
P.S. I’m taking all flavor requests for future summer recipes!
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and quartered
- 1 - 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (Native Forest)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 - 10 ounce pkgs raspberries, thawed
- 8 Tablespoons chia seeds
- Place the dates, coconut milk, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend. Starting on low and increasing to high speed until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the thawed raspberries and their juices. Blend on low just to combine.
- Stir in the chia seeds with a spatula.
- Pour the chia pudding into prepared containers. I like to use pint sized glass jars. I only fill them halfway to the 1 cup mark, which leaves lots of space to top the pudding with fresh fruit.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight for the chia seeds to thicken the pudding.
- Keeps refrigerated for 3 days.
This recipe was first posted by GI 365 | Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2016 GI 365. All Rights Reserved.