Some days, chocolate chip/chunk cookies are more of a requirement than anything else! So why bars instead of cookies? I’m so glad you asked: bars are so much faster than cookies because they bake all at once – no running out to the kitchen every 8 minutes to put another cookie sheet in the oven!
It’s been a cookie kind of week here with all the blowing, cold, and snowy-ness. I may need to add a cozy Hot Chocolate to the menu because it’s snuggle on the couch weather, (good book + sweets + footstool = I may not leave the couch)!
These bars are really simple to make, just 4 easy steps:
- Mix the ‘dry’ ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop up the chocolate chunks because the package doesn’t lie when they say ‘Mega Chunks’.
- Stir the ‘wet’ ingredients into the ‘dry’ ingredients until a thick dough forms.
- Spread it out as evenly as possible in the pan and bake!
I gave you an up close shot here so you could see the craggy/crunchy tops, soft and chewy interior, with lots of chocolate chunks in every bite!
Enjoy your weekend!
- 1½ cups fine almond flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca starch
- ½ cup (3 ounces) chocolate chunks, (Enjoy Life brand)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 11" x 7" baking pan.
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat in a small saucepan.
- While the coconut oil is melting, combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, sea salt, baking powder, and tapioca starch.
- Chop the chocolate chunks until they're about ½ their original size, and mix them into the almond flour mixture.
- Mix in the melted coconut oil, egg, and vanilla until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Spread the cookie dough into your prepared pan as evenly as possible. Don't worry if the dough is rough and craggy, it makes a great crunchy top after baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the bars are puffy, golden brown, and still moist in the center.
This recipe was first posted by GI 365 | Get Inspired Everyday! All content is Copyright Protected - ©2013 - 2015 GI 365. All Rights Reserved.